Careers in Aging
Where Do Professionals in Aging Work?
Professionals in the field of aging work in a variety of settings. These include:
- community, human service, and religious organizations;
- health care and long-term care institutions;
- federal, state, and local government agencies, including the aging network (the system of service delivery to older persons established by a federal law entitled the Older American Act);
- retirement communities;
- academic and other educational and research settings;
- professional organizations; and,
- business and industries
Some professionals work directly with older persons.
Other professionals are less directly involved with older persons, but work on their behalf, educate others, or investigate issues in the field of aging.
Some professionals devote themselves full-time to the field of aging. Others divide their time between aging and other areas of interest within their disciplinary, professional, or clinical areas.
(Taken From The Association for Gerontology in Higher Education )
General Information Links
Aging Services of Minnesota
Association for Gerontology in higher education (AGHE)
Exploring Careers in Aging
Gerontological Society of America
SCSU Career Services
The Career Services Center is pleased to report that we have a new and improved resume presentation now available online. It can be found from the main page of our Career Services website or directly at http://media4.stcloudstate.edu/p89812297/
Allied Health Careers
American Geriatrics Society Career Connection
American Society on Aging
Senior Housing Jobs