3rd Annual Food Microbiology Symposium
September 22 - September 24, 2014
Experiences in Food Safety
For a printable version (PDF) of the 2014 Agenda click here.
2014 Keynote Speaker: Dr. Bart Weimer
The third annual St. Cloud State University Food Microbiology Symposium is an event designed to showcase the ever changing food safety industry. The event program features some of the industry’s most renowned innovators and experts, promising to be a truly engaging experience.
Expect lots of networking and fun with a social hour to kick-off the event on Monday night, then a reception dinner the following night!
New this year is technology showcase where participants can see first–hand, live, side-by-side demonstrations of our exhibitors technology, equipment and products.
- What's New in Food Safety
- Practical Applications
- Surveillance and Identification
- Workshop: “Test and Release with qPCR with a 15 minute multiplex targeting E. coli O157:H7, Salmonella spp., Listeria spp and an internal control”
- Case Study: “Are indicators truly useful predictors of pathogen presence in foods and environmental specimens?”
Who Should Attend
- food scientists and technologists
- quality assurance professionals
- food laboratory professionals,
- anyone interested in the fascinating science of food microbiology