Financial Aid Office
Types of Financial Aid


Federal Pell Grant
Eligibility for this grant is based on financial need, which is determined using a federal formula.  Eligible students must:

  • Be an undergraduate student who does not have a first bachelor’s degree.
  • Enroll in 12 or more credits per term to receive the full time award amount.  Students may receive a lower award amount when taking 1-11 credits per semester.
  • Register for all courses by the end of the free drop/add period. This is usually the sixth class day for fall and spring semesters.  If you add a class after this date, your Pell Grant will not be increased based on this change in enrollment.
  • Receive Pell Grant funds at only one school for a term.  A student taking courses at two schools during the same term may receive Pell Grant funds at only one school.
  • Have received this grant for less than six annual award amounts. If you have already received the Pell Grant for 12 full-time semesters (or its equivalent), you will not be eligible to receive this grant, even if you have not yet completed your bachelor’s degree.

Return to the "Grants" overview page.

Untitled Document