Types of Financial Aid
Federal Pell Grant
Eligibility for this grant is based on financial need, which is determined using a federal formula. Eligible students must:
- Be an undergraduate student who does not have a first bachelor’s degree.
- Enroll in 12 or more credits per term to receive the full time award amount. Students may receive a lower award amount when taking 1-11 credits per semester.
- Register for all courses by the end of the free drop/add period. This is usually the sixth class day for fall and spring semesters. If you add a class after this date, your Pell Grant will not be increased based on this change in enrollment.
- Receive Pell Grant funds at only one school for a term. A student taking courses at two schools during the same term may receive Pell Grant funds at only one school.
- Have received this grant for less than six annual award amounts. If you have already received the Pell Grant for 12 full-time semesters (or its equivalent), you will not be eligible to receive this grant, even if you have not yet completed your bachelor’s degree.
Return to the "Grants" overview page.