Types of Financial Aid
Minnesota State Grant
Eligibility for the Minnesota State Grant is based on financial need and is available to undergraduate, Minnesota residents. Eligible students must:
- Be an undergraduate student who does not have a first bachelor’s degree.
- Enroll in three or more credits per term.
- Have attended post-secondary institutions for less than the equivalent of four full years.
- Enroll in 15 or more credits per term to receive the full-time award amount. If you are awarded a Minnesota Grant, your award letter lists your award amount at each enrollment level.
- Not be more than 30 days in arrears on child support payments.
- Not be delinquent on Minnesota SELF loan interest payments.
- Have a FAFSA processed by the 30th day of the term to be eligible for Minnesota Grant funds for that term.
Return to the "Grants" overview page.