Financial Aid Announcements
Summer Financial Aid: Top 5 Things to Know
- Award Letter: If your financial aid file is complete, you will receive a summer award letter once you register for summer courses. We will begin awarding summer financial aid in mid-March.
- Pell Grant: If you are eligible for a Pell Grant and were not enrolled full-time fall and spring, you may be eligible for summer. The Pell census date is May 21, 2013. See Important Dates and Deadlines.
- Direct Loans: You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits to receive federal loans.
- Employment: There is no work study in the summer although some departments hire through regular student salaries. Check online job postings at www.scsucareers.com
- Books/Course Materials*: You may charge up to $1,000, including online purchases, between May 1-21, 2013 at the Centennial Hall Husky Bookstore. To be eligible, you cannot have any holds on your student account. Questions about this service? Contact the Business Services Office or 320.308.4012.
- Bills: your summer bill will be on your e-Service approximately mid-April. Contact the Business Services Office with questions about your summer bill.
*excludes writing instruments, desk accessories, mailing supplies, calculators, batteries, notebooks, binders and other paper products
More Financial Aid Announcements