Financial Aid Announcements
Summer Financial Aid: Top Things to Know
Award Letter: If your financial aid file is complete, once you register for summer courses you'll receive your summer award letter. No additional application is required. We will begin awarding summer financial aid by March 1st.
- Pell Grant: if you are eligible, were not enrolled full-time fall and spring, and have not reached your maximum eligibility, you may be eligible. Pell Grant census date is May 20, 2015.
- Minnesota Grant: if you have not exceeded the maximum eligibility and are enrolled at a qualifying enrollment level.
- MN GI Bill and MN Child Care Grant: funds are available; students must meet eligibility criteria.
- Direct Loans and PLUS Loans: If you had a grade change or did not borrow your full annual amount under the Direct Loan progam, you may be eligible. PLUS loans are also available with approved credit check. Remember - you must be enrolled in at least 6 credits applicable to your degree program to receive federal loans.
- Private Loans may be available based on approved credit requirements.
Employment: There is no work study funding or Graduate Assistantships in the summer. Some departments hire through regular student salaries. Check online job postings at ww.scsucareers.com
Books/Course Materials*: You may charge up to $1,000, including online purchases, April 27-May 19, 2015 at the Centennial Hall Husky Bookstore. To be eligible, you cannot have any holds on your student account. Questions about this service? Contact the Business Services Office or 320.308.4012.
*excludes writing instruments, desk accessories, mailing supplies, calculators, batteries, notebooks, binders and other paper products
More Financial Aid Announcements