Professional Development and Evaluation
Professional development and evaluation includes information about the relevant, specific contract articles; SCSU procedures, guidelines, and calendars regarding Article 22 & Article 25; and contractual guidelines regarding personnel files and the maintenance of records regarding PDPs and PDRs, promotion, tenure, and non-retention (Article 9).
- Article 22 and Article 25 Procedures provides the official SCSU academic-year calendar deadlines for submitting and responding to PDP/PDR/Promotion/Tenure materials.
- Non-renewal of Probationary Faculty, a document from the Office of the Provost, provides the contractual language for non-renewal (Article 25) as well as a calendar for steps in the non-renewal process.
- The use of PDPs (Professional Development Plans) and PDRs (Progress Reports) is defined in Article 22, Professional Development and Evaluation, of the Inter Faculty Organization Master Agreement.
- PDP/PDR Workshops are offered as part of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning's year-long New Faculty Program. These workshops are offered in collaboration with the Faculty Association.
- Personnel Files, Article 9 of the Inter Faculty Organization Master Agreement, delineates what may and may not be included in an official personnel file and who may have access to it. Article 9 also specifies what deans may keep in their office personnel files, faculty rights to copies of materials in the official or dean's personnel file, and faculty rights for removal of materials.
- Professional Development and Evaluation, Article 22 of the Inter Faculty Organization Master Agreement, delineates the contractual purpose, criteria, schedule and frequency, as well as specific details concerning Professional Development Plans (PDPs) and Professional Development Reports (PDRs). These details include the rights and responsibilities of faculty, chairs, departments, and administrative to comment as well as where records of reports and comments may be kept.
- Tenure, Promotion, and Non-Renewal, Article 25 of the Inter Faculty Organization Master Agreement, establishes the contractual criteria, schedule, and frequency of evaluation for tenure and promotion; the procedures for consideration for tenure and promotion, including the rights and responsibilities of departments, programs, and faculty to make recommendations; supervisor and vice president's recommendations; and the president's decision. Article 25 also provides the contractual requirements for non-renewal of probationary faculty.