Travel/Vehicle Rental Procedures
St. Cloud State University partners with Enterprise-Rent-A-Car for its travel needs. Enterprise Rent-A-Car located at 3630 Division Street W., St. Cloud, will provide travel vehicles for authorized university employees and authorized student employees for field trips, meetings and other official state business. You should call or use the On-Line Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reservation link below to schedule your rental. You do not need a separate purchase order but you must have your valid SCSU six-digit cost center number available at time of rental.
Please notify Enterprise at least 72 hours in advance for your towing requests. Towing specifications/needs need to be discussed with the Enterprise staff for appropriate towing rentals.
The State of Minnesota policies require students, staff, and faculty driving on state business to request prior approval and authorization. Students, staff, and faculty will be allowed to drive on state business only after this process has been completed and they have received an Eligible or Conditional rating. This process applies to any student, staff, and faculty who drive a state vehicle or personal vehicle (or other equipment requiring a driver’s license). Each student, staff, and faculty needs to request the authorization only once, unless driving information changes, and it will automatically be renewed annually. See the Vehicle User Agreement for Students/Faculty/Staff Driving on State Business link below to complete the authorization process.
All employees are responsible for compliance with MnSCU travel policy and procedures, the employee's respective bargaining agreement or compensation plan, state laws, federal laws, and IRS guidelines and for accurately completing all required forms for reimbursement of authorized business travel expenses. The employee's supervisor is responsible for reviewing and approving all travel requests and expenses. Travel/Business expense reimbursement questions should be directed to Business Services, 308-4005.
Enterprise Rental Car Contract
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental Contract (Local and National Services for Short and Long Term Rentals) (PDF)
For rentals initiated outside the U.S., obtain insurance coverage from the rental company.
Local Branch Telephone Number: 320-240-9000
Our student, faculty and staff car sharing program is a great way to get off campus without the cost of car ownership. Joining our program is affordable with hourly rates that include fuel and damage/liability protection. Membership is available for Students 18 and older, and is also available for International Students.
The program may be used for Personal or Business use. Students, faculty and staff joining this program must use their personal credit card and be reimbursed through employee travel if using the vehicle for Business or Department Use.
Need to get off campus and around town without the ownership of a car? Carshare has you covered. Enterprise CarShare provides a convenient alternative, with cars parked on your campus. So say goodbye to parking fees and never finding a spot. Go where you want, when you want.
Hourly rates include fuel, damage and liability.
- Rent a vehicle by the hour or keep it overnight.
- Pay one hourly rate; when gas gets low, fill it up with the pre-paid card inside of the car.
- 24/7 member service.
- Log into EnterpriseCarShare.com.
- Choose the time you need and the car you want to reserve.
- Confirm reservation.
Unlock and Go
- Locate the vehicle, which has a dedicated reserved parking spot.
- Hold your membership card over the card reader on the windshield to unlock doors.
- Keys are inside; don’t remove them.
- Use your membership card to lock and unlock the vehicle during reservation.
- Return the vehicle to the dedicated parking space you found it.
- Exit vehicle; do not manually lock the doors.
- Use membership card over card reader to lock the doors the same way you got in.
- Once the doors lock for the final time, your rental has ended.
Enterprise Carshare’s reserved parking is located in C Lot on the north end of campus. (See map)Have questions? Learn more at www.EnterpriseCarShare.com/stcloudstate.
Vehicle User Agreement for Students/Staff/Faculty Driving on State Business
Please be advised that State of Minnesota policies require students, staff, and faculty driving on state business to request prior approval and authorization. Students, staff, and faculty will be allowed to drive on state business only after this process has been completed and they have received an Eligible or Conditional rating. This process applies to any student, staff, and faculty who drive a state vehicle or personal vehicle (or other equipment requiring a driver’s license). Each student, staff, and faculty needs to request the authorization only once, unless driving information changes, and it will automatically be renewed annually.
State of Minnesota - Department of Administration and Minnesota Management & Budget - Policy on Driver's License and Record Checks (Eff. January, 2009 & Revised July, 2012)
MMB Statewide Policy on Drivers License and Record Checks
- Statewide Policy on Drivers License and Record Checks (Eff. January, 2014)
MnSCU Vehicle Fleet Safety Program - Frequently Asked Questions
Department of Administration - Risk Management Division - FLEET SAFETY STANDARDS FOR TOWING TRAILERS
- Van and Trailer Towing Training (Power Point Presentation)
- Fleet Safety Standards for Towing Trailers (Pamphlet) - This pamphlet provides State of Minnesota drivers with basic information necessary to safely tow a trailer behind a state vehicle.
Department of Administration - Risk Management Division - TIPS FOR VAN DRIVING
The van driving booklet provides tips for van drivers, and covers such areas as emergencies, maintenance, and passenger etiquette.