Welcome to the TESL online web site
Since 1993, over 100 students have completed the Master of Arts in English: Teaching English as a Second Language at St. Cloud State University and/or the K-12 ESL license in Minnesota through the graduate studies option. Graduates from our program are now:
- English language learner teachers in school districts throughout Minnesota and in other states such as Arizona, Idaho, Maryland, North Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington,
- Adult Education ESL teachers in Minnesota,
- Community and Technical College ESL teachers in Minnesota,
- TEFL teachers in China, Chile, Costa Rica, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Malaysia, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, and the United Emirates,
- Foreign language teachers of Chinese and Japanese for both adults and children in the United States,
- Ph.D. students at Ball State University, Michigan State University, Northern Arizona University, Pennsylvania State University, and the University of Minnesota—Twin Cities.
Nine highly qualified faculty members from the English Department in the College of Liberal Arts and the Department of Teacher Education in the School of Education provide a wide variety of linguistics and applied linguistics courses for this degree program. These faculty members have lived, worked, and taught throughout the world, all speak more than one language, and bring together well over 100 years of teaching experience:
Now, this program is offered online for current future TESL/TEFL teachers. This web site will outline provide an introduction to this online MA degree program with information about:
TESL Program Application procedures
Graduate Academic Programs
- TESL MA
- K-12 ESL licensing
For more information email the TESL Director, Jim Robinson at: email@example.com.