St. Cloud State University normally hires employees through a formal search process (click on this link to for complete MnSCU Administrator Hiring Procedures). This promotes an open competitive process and helps to ensure hiring in accordance with equal opportunity principles and merit.
ALWAYS begin with a NEOGOV Requisition for all requests to fill or extend a position on a temporary basis. You must have NEOGOV user access and permissions in order to enter a requisition. Contact Human Resources x83203 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions and to request a Requisition User Guide.
Here are some exceptions to a formal search process:
Under all circumstances, the appointment to interim, acting, or direct emergency interim appointments must be made formally and approved in advance at all required levels, including Equity & Affirmative Action and Human Resources.
Except for the position of University presidents, an interim employee may apply for the permanent position held on an interim basis. Interim candidates for permanent positions must meet the minimum education and experience requirements in order to be considered for the regular position.
Once a finalist is identified and approved by the Hiring Manager and EAAO, here are the next steps to complete the hire:
1) Once determined who you will offer the position to, please request of them: a resume, references, official transcripts and have them complete the Unclassified Personnel Application form if there was no search/no application in NEOGOV. If an expedited search was conducted in NEOGOV, use the NEOGOV application instead.
2) Once those are gathered, you’ll need to have a salary calculation prepared by Holly Schoenherr in HR. She will need the MSUAASF Prior Experience form – have the finalist complete this form and return to Holly asap along with a copy of their resume and the completed application form.
3) Once Holly finishes the salary calculation, she’ll notify you of the salary so that you can prepare the Unclassified Employment Request form (with resume, transcripts, references and application form attached to it) which indicates who you are hiring, the dates, salary, duties and into what position. Sign this form, forward to the Hiring Manager for signature and on to Ellyn Bartges in EAAO to sign; she will forward to the President, Provost or other Vice-President and then it will end up here in HR for contract processing.
4) A signed copy of the Interim person's position description should also be forwarded to HR, listing the duties this person is expected to perform in this emergency hire position.
5) The new hire will then need to meet with Karla Shangrow in HR for I-9 completion and new employee orientation before beginning work.