Guidelines for Use of Recruitment Funds for Faculty Searches
Guidelines for Use of Recruitment Funds for Non-Faculty Searches
Specific recruitment strategies and sources are used by St. Cloud State University to obtain the best possible applicant pool. Every effort is also made to notify and recruit applicants from underutilized groups.
In addition to utilizing the SCSU and MnSCU Employment Opportunities sites, the Office of Equity & Affirmation Action (EAA) also places ads for all unclassified positions and posts the NOV (Notice of Vacancy) on a variety of other websites and in publications such as:
Online posting subscriptions used by Office of Equity & Affirmative Action for all faculty searches:
- Higher Ed Jobs.com – Job postings free with annual subscription; candidate resume database available*
- MinnesotaDiversity.com - Job postings free with annual subscription
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Job postings free with annual subscription
Paid advertising (one ad per search paid by Office of Academic Affairs; ad must be approved by and placed by the Office of Equity & Affirmative Action for these ads):
- The Chronicle of Higher Education – print ad for all probationary/tenure track positions, 30 days online and print ad - or online only
- Star Tribune – print ad and online for seven days
- St. Cloud Times – print ad and online at Careerbuilders.com for 30 days
- Various publications for specific disciplines and/or departments
Advertising Info Sheet (PDF) - EAA Advertising information flyer for more information
Department recruitment efforts:
- Departments are encouraged to post positions on department websites.
- Department specific professional journals, newsletters and listserves are other great recruitment resources.
- Personal contacts with potentially qualified candidates, including current students or graduates of programs, especially women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged.
Additional recruiting resources: