To minimize the effects of a power outage:
- Unplug or turn off electrical equipment that was in use when the power went off in your immediate area. This includes computers, desk lights, etc. and any other equipment that can adequately be shut down.
- Leave at least one light switch “on” so you will know when the power is restored.
- Remain calm and let your eyes adjust to the darkened condition.
- DO NOT move around. If necessary remain where you are and wait for an announcement of the conditions.
- DO NOT open any refrigerator doors unless it is absolutely necessary.
If you are advised to leave the area, follow your evacuation route and wait at the assembly area for further instructions.