A building evacuation will be initiated by the audible/visual fire alarm system or by verbal instruction in each building. Employees are responsible for being familiar with evacuation routes (generally routes used during campus fire drills).
General evacuation guidelines:
- If an alarm is sounding do not pull the fire alarm.
- Follow evacuation instruction for your area.
- Everyone is required to get out!.
- Close all doors when exiting.
- If time allows, take personal belongings and class materials with you.
- Walk in an orderly manner, forming evacuation lines. Bring students and visitors with you.
- Take nearest stairs to first floor and exit the buildings. DO NOT use elevators.
- Assist others who need help.
- Report to an assembly area and remain there until you receive further instructions from emergency personnel.
- Account for all persons known to have been in your area at the time of the evacuation..
- Give those who have been carried as much room as needed.
- Do not re-enter the building until advised by emergency personnel to do so.