IF YOU RECEIVE A BOME THREAT BY PHONE:
- Remain calm and listen to the caller carefully.
- Do not interrupt the caller except to obtain information about the bomb.
- DO NOT hang up after the threatening caller has ended the call. The call may be able to be traced.
- Call 911
- Have threat-related information available to answer the dispatcher's questions:
- Your name (speak slowly and spell your last name)
- Your location (St. Cloud State University; building name and address (see CAMPUS MAP/BUILDING ADDRESSES section)
- Identify the emergency (bomb threat on the phone).
- Request officer response (give specific location to respond to).
- Provide call back number (land line phone or cellular phone).
- Notify Public Safety (308-3333)
- DO NOT discuss with others unless directed to so by authorities.
Notify SCSU Public Safety (308-3333).
- Do NOT touch, move or open a suspicious item.
- Do NOT alarm others or cause panic – do not discuss with others unless directed to do so.
- Do NOT initiate fire alarm unless authorized to do so (Some explosive devices are sound sensitive and can be detonated by loud noise).