News and Events
Join professional development opportunities such as workshops and conferences in your field of study.
Connect with others in the field to share ideas, stories and knowledge. Keep pace with the latest trends and needs of students and employees.
2017 Symposium of Women K-12 Educational Leaders
Tuesday, April 25
1640 Larpenteur Avenue West
St. Paul, Minnesota 55108
Join women educational leaders for the Symposium of Women Educational Leaders.
In its fifth year, the event will connect educational leaders with one another and with keynote speakers. Consider bringing a guest who demonstrates potential for leadership.
- Morning Keynote: TBD
- Lunch Address: TBD
- Afternoon Keynote: TBD
Who Should Attend
Women who are serving as educational leaders and women who aspire to educational leadership.
The registration fee includes a light breakfast and specially catered lunch. The registration fee is non-refundable. The fee for students in St. Cloud State's Educational Leadership and Administration programs is not set yet. Students are encouraged to enroll in EDAD 697 for one credit.
Cost is $50 for students and $100 for professionals.
Radisson Hotel Roseville
Block name: Symposium of Women Education Leaders
Minnesota Association of Secondary School Principals
1667 Snelling Avenue N, Suite C-100
St. Paul, MN 55108
2017 Higher Education Leadership Institute
- Over 20 presentations by administrators, faculty, and graduate students from across the region.
- Learn about the latest research and practices in the field of higher education leadership.
- Networking opportunities
- Breakfast and buffet lunch
Professoressa Paola Nicolini
University of Macerata, Italy
- International Exchange and its Benefits
- At the Intersection of Accreditation, Student Retention, and Organizational Leadership: How We LEveraged the HLC Quality Initiative to Change Campus Culture and Improve Key Student Outcomes
- Virtual Teaching Assistant Effect on Teaching and Learning
- Taking Advantage of Intercultural Values for Students' Learning and Development
- Global Leadership: Classroom in the Community
- Academic Student Support for Online Courses and Programs
- A New Approach to Humanities Education - The Advent of the "Learning Coach"
- Is the University a Safe Space?
- Professional Practice: Relational and Collaborative Leadership
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): The Staffing Impact that (Almost) Occurred, Yet Still Might (Someday)
- Get Read, Get Set, Get Involved!
- Implementing High-Impact Practices in the First Year of College
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration Among Motivated Students
- The Reflection Process in Leadership
- From Advisor to Vice President: Practical Advice for Advancing in Higher Education
- Improving Career Education
- Campuses are Communities: Community Organizing Strategies That Can Help Higher Education Leaders Create Change
- The Potential of Mindfulness to Promote Conflict Resolution in Higher Education
- Networking 101
- Social Media: Slipping Kale into the Fruit Smoothie of Student Communication
- Immigration Update
- Critical Issues in Higher Education Administration
Registration is $50 for students and $100 for professionals. All attendees who register may select a free leadership book. Please register no later than April 16, 2017
Leadership Institute proceeds go to students in the master's and doctoral programs in Higher Education Administration. This year, we are providing scholarships to students participating in the May 2017 education-abroad trip to Italy. Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Leadership Institute. The Italy trip is open to anyone interested in higher education administration.