News and Events
Join professional development opportunities such as workshops and conferences in your field of study.
Connect with others in the field to share ideas, stories and knowledge. Keep pace with the latest trends and needs of students and employees.
2017 Symposium of Women K-12 Educational Leaders
Tuesday, April 25
1640 Larpenteur Avenue West
St. Paul, Minnesota 55108
Join women educational leaders for the Symposium of Women Educational Leaders.
In its fifth year, the event will connect educational leaders with one another and with keynote speakers. Consider bringing a guest who demonstrates potential for leadership.
- Morning Keynote: TBD
- Lunch Address: TBD
- Afternoon Keynote: TBD
Who Should Attend
Women who are serving as educational leaders and women who aspire to educational leadership.
The registration fee includes a light breakfast and specially catered lunch. The registration fee is non-refundable. The fee for students in St. Cloud State's Educational Leadership and Administration programs is not set yet. Students are encouraged to enroll in EDAD 697 for 1 credit.
Radission Hotel Roseville
Block name: Symposium of Women Education Leaders
Minnesota Association of Secondary School Principals
1667 Snelling Avenue N, Suite C-100
St. Paul, MN 55108
2017 Higher Education Leadership Institute
Friday, April 21, 2017
8 a.m.-4 p.m.
St. Cloud State University
- Over 20 presentations by administrators, faculty, and graduate students from across the region.
- Learn about the latest research and practices in the field of higher education leadership.
- Networking opportunities
- Breakfast and buffet lunch
Professoressa Paola Nicolini
University of Macerata, Italy
Call for Program Proposals
Submit proposals through March 1, 2017.
The conference will feature general interest, panel, promising practice, round-table, and poster sessions about topics of research, trends, and practice in higher education leadership. Practitioners, researchers, stakeholders, and graduate students are encouraged to submit presentation proposals that reflect research, theory, and practice in higher education. Some example topics include:
- International/Global Issues and Trends in Higher Education
- Higher education practices of the future
- Trends impacting the future of higher education
- The new student majority
- Leadership style theory or practice
- Pathways for career advancement
- Stakeholder engagement
- Diversity and social justice
- New sources of funding
- Community partnerships and collaboration
- Legal or judicial issues
- Women in leadership
- Academic and student affairs
- Inclusiveness (gender, race, LGBTQA, physical/mental disabilities)
- Collaborative programming
- Online education
- Collaboration between faculty and administration
- Higher Education in the 21st century and beyond
Registration is $50 for students and $100 for professionals. The first 50 people who register may select a free leadership book. Please register no later than April 16, 2017
Leadership Institute proceeds go to students in the master's and doctoral programs in Higher Education Administration. This year, we are providing scholarships to students participating in the May 2017 education-abroad trip to Italy. Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Leadership Institute. The Italy trip is open to anyone interested in higher education administration.