South Africa LGBT Academic Resources
- Cape Town ATTIC - HIV/ AIDS Testing and Counseling. HIV and AIDS training for the Government throughout the Western Cape. Telephone at (021) 763 5320. - Website
- Cape Town Pride - Cape Town Pride is run by volunteers through a non-profit company which organizes the event.
Phone: 083 919 2525 - Call Pride Connect for updated info on Pride events
Postal Address: PO BOX 36121 Glosderry 7702 - Website
- Gay & Lesbian Library - A well stocked library of queer reading material. From 9am to 5 pm and on Tuesdays & Wednesday evenings from 6-8pm. Contact: Heather at (021) 448 3812 for more info
- Gay and Lesbian Helpline - General information and confidential telephonic counselling to the LGBT community. From 1pm - 9pm daily. Helpline number: (021) 4222 500
- RAINBOWUCT - RainbowUCT is a student group at the University of Cape Town, focusing on building a comfortable environment for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transsexual (LGBT) students and staff members. We organize regular group discussions on various issues, as well as social events for members. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Website
- The Triangle Project - Activities: counseling, mental health, HIV, support, advocacy.
Unit 29, Waverley Business Park, Winchester St, Mowbray
PO Box 13935, Mowbray, 7705
Tel: +27 (0)21 448 3812
Fax: +27 (0)21 448 4089
Helpline: +27 (0)21 422 2500
Email: email@example.com - Website
- Transgendered & Transsexual Support Group - For anyone who identifies themselves as transgender, transsexual or similar. Contact Glenn / Heather at (021) 448 3812
- 24 Hour Aids Helpline - Book an appointment by phoning (021) 448 3812 during office hours, or telephone the Helpline on (021) 422 2500 and page "gay helpline".
- HIV + Men Support Group HIV + Gay men support group. Call Heather on (021) 448 3812c