U.S. Dept of State Visa Information. This is the link to the main site for visa information on the U.S. Department of State's web site. Visa processes can take time and every program needs different information, so make sure that you are aware of what is needed on your end to make the process more efficient. Ask your program manager for more clarification or contact the Education Abroad Office for more information.
- For SCSU sponsored Education Abroad programs, the staff at CIS will assist students with the visa process. Visa fees are included in overall program costs. More details will be available at pre-departure orientation.
- For non-SCSU participants, it is the responsibility of the traveler to obtain visas, where required, from the appropriate embassy or nearest consulate of the country you are planning to visit.
- Check with your program provider to learn if they assist with this process.
- Processing and visa fees vary, and most are not refundable.
- For questions on visa's you can look on the state department web site HERE.