Railpasses are a great way to travel when visiting Europe. If you plan to spend several days seeing numerous countries this is usually the most cost efficient. However, if you are on a limited trip (under a week) and plan to see only 1-2 areas, it is usually best to look at buying direct tickets versus the pass.
- Find ticket and rail prices at:
- Railpasses must be purchased in the United States
- If you are traveling in the United Kingdom, a 16-25 railcard is something you should look into. You can find information about those HERE. This railcard is different then the others as you should not buy this railcard until you get to the UK and purchase this at the train station
- Inquire with the resident coordinator once you arrive in Alnwick about this card.
- here are some FAQ that you can also check out.