U.S. Dept of State Passport Information and Application. This is the U.S. department of state main site for information on passports. You will need a valid signed passport in order to go on a program. The passport must be signed and valid for six months after you would return from your abroad experience. If you are in need of a passport, follow this instructions below.
- Routine processing of passports takes 6-8 weeks.
(See link for processing times)
- Processing times can vary depending on workload and occasional unforeseen circumstances such as natural disasters. During busier times, such as the summer travel season, we encourage customers to expedite their applications if traveling in less than 8 weeks.
- If you need a passport in less time than 6-8 weeks you will need to expedite (getting your passport in a hurry) for an additional fee.
- to get your passport you can either go to an agency within St. Cloud, such as through Stearns County, or you can go to the agency in Minneapolis.
- If you are in need of a passport in less than 4 weeks you will need to make an appointment with the Minneapolis Passport Agency. You will be required to pay the expedited fee.
- To apply for a passport you will need to make sure that you bring with you the necessary information.
- Passport Photos may be purchased through area stores such as Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, Sam's Club, etc. Photos may also be taken at Stern's County for additional fees.
- Photo requirements can be found on the U.S. Passport and International Travel webpage.
- Lost or Stolen passports should be reported to the nearest US Embassy or Consulate immediately.
- If you have any questions about passports please contact CIS or you can e-mail the Education Abroad Office.