Health, Safety & Security
SCSU and CIS consider the health and safety of their education-abroad participants to be a top priority. We make every effort to stay up-to-date with the changing situations throughout our world, especially with regard to health.
There are currently no travel warnings concerning avian flu or a pandemic of influenza. However, as a precaution we have included information on home care for pandemic flu for your consideration. Should the World Health Organization (WHO) or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issue travel warnings will we keep you and our students well informed.
If there is an emergency
- Call the SCSU Public Safety Switchboard: (320) 308-3333
- Identify yourself as the family member of an SCSU student learning abroad; give them the name of your family member and the program they are participating in.
- Give the operator your contact information.
- Tell the operator what is wrong and who else has been contacted.
- Respond to any questions and listen carefully to any instructions.
* If this is not a true emergency, please keep in mind: The SCSU Center for International Studies staff members always welcome calls from parents and students about health, security and safety issues abroad.
Please see the Orientation & Planning section for more information on Health, Safety & Security.