Post Master's Graduate Certificate Overview
April 8, 2015
Twin Cities Graduate Center in Maple Grove
The Educational Administration and Leadership post masters graduate certificate develops leaders for Minnesota's schools. This graduate certificate provides coursework leading to eligibility for an administrative licensure. Specific coursework for each administrative licensure is determined through a pre-assessment of Minnesota Licensure Competencies during a student's first semester enrollment in EDAD 601, Introduction to Education. During the course, SCSU faculty will review a student's academic and professional credentials and provide a list of courses needed to complete licensure requirements. Students may pursue multiple licenses at one time. We have "packaged" the licensure tracks into post master's graduate certificate programs so students can be admitted to SCSU and are eligible for financial aid.
The post master's graduate certificate tracks are competency-based to meet Minnesota state requirements for licensure in:
- K-12 School Principal
- Special Education Director
- Superintendent of Schools
Upon completion of the program, a graduate will be eligible to apply for specific Minnesota administrative licensure.
- Convenient Weekend Courses: A weekend model (Friday evening and all day Saturday) of course delivery makes it a great choice for working professionals to balance learning with career and family lives. Summer courses meet for eight days.
- Location: Courses are offered on the St. Cloud campus or at the Twin Cities Metro location. Students may be admitted for fall, spring, or summer semesters.
- Program Length: The program is designed so coursework can be completed in one year.
- Cohort Approach and Professional Network: A cohort approach is offered where students progress together through the practitioner-focused curriculum. Students build a camaraderie which fosters a learning community and valuable professional network after graduation.
- Esteemed Faculty: Professors have strong academic credentials and are accomplished professionals from the field. Classes are taught by faculty members.
- Hands-On Training: Course learning typically takes place in the classroom allowing students to exchange ideas and build relationships with faculty members and classmates. Students also gain “real-world” knowledge from field experiences at PK-12 schools or districts.
- Gain Real-World Knowledge: The program infuses internationalization and globalization into the curriculum.
- Elite and Affordable: SCSU is an accredited institution with a history of excellence since 1869. SCSU is ranked in the top 4% Most Affordable among Forbes' America's Top Colleges sorted by annual cost.
This program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation and Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Minnesota Board of School Administrators (BOSA) for meeting the professional preparation requirements for licensure in the following areas: K-12 school principal, director of special education, school district superintendent, and director of community education. In addition, the department participates in the development of special studies programs which lead to graduate degrees in other areas of educational administration.
Cohort Course Listings
Register for Courses