Sixth-Year Graduate Certificate Program
When applying for a sixth-year graduate certificate, the School of Graduate Studies serves as a liaison between the applicant and the master’s program. Application materials should be returned to the School of Graduate Studies. Once all application materials are received, they will be forwarded to the sixth-year graduate certificate program for review and an admission recommendation decision.
Application Program Requirements
- For admission consideration, applicants must meet minimum Graduate Studies admission requirements
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in Educational Administration and Leadership or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Applicants who have a M.S. in other disciplines may have additional coursework to complete before admission is granted.
- Students may be admitted for fall, spring, or summer terms.
- The program utilizes rolling admissions. Applicants may apply at any time throughout the year. As the department receives a completed application, an admission decision along with semester start will be made.
- For priority admission consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply by the deadlines posted. If space remains in the program, applications will continue to be reviewed after the posted priority deadlines.
Application Materials - United States
- Application for admission to program.
- A $40 application fee enclosed with your application. The fee is not refundable.
- Official transcripts from undergraduate institutions attended. Please see Transcripts for details. SCSU transcripts and those from MnSCU institutions do not need to be requested, SCSU can obtain your transcript directly.
- Statement of Intent.
Application Materials - International
Application materials will become the property of the School of Graduate Studies and will not be available to the applicant or enrolled student for purposes other than admission consideration.