Doctoral Program Distinction
Tour of Intermediate School District 287 Multi-District Special Education Facility
during Doctoral Collaborative Partnership Course
We know that it takes a lot of information to decide which school is right for you, so we invite you to discover why students choose St. Cloud State University to obtain their doctorate.
- Prestigious. A flagship institution in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, SCSU is an accredited institution with a history of excellence since 1869.
- Established Faculty. Professors have strong academic credentials and are accomplished professionals who engage you in a mix of research, theory, and real-life experiences.
- Convenience. Small class sizes and a weekend schedule are designed to meet the needs of working professionals. Courses are typically offered during Friday evenings and Saturdays during the academic year with summer courses either on weekends or through a one week block session. Students usually take two courses per semester (fall, spring, and summer) and concentrate on one course at a time. Each course typically meets three weekends.
- Program Length.
Coursework can be completed in 2 years (six semesters) with the dissertation research arranged on the student’s research timeline thereafter
- Cohort Approach. A cohort approach is offered with up to 15 students progressing together through the curriculum. This fosters a learning community where students support one another and provides a network after graduation.
- Location. Courses are offered on the St. Cloud campus or at the Twin Cities Graduate Center in Maple Grove. The location varies each year. The cohort starting fall 2013 will take courses in St. Cloud. The cohort starting in fall 2014 will take courses in Maple Grove.
- Global Outreach. The University’s international student enrollment is ranked 13th nationally among master’s granting institutions according to the Institute of International Education (IIE) in New York City. It is proud of its strong international program with 1,000 students from more than 82 nations. Every year more than 450 students study abroad in one of 15 countries. SCSU was recognized for its excellence in integrating international education across all aspects of the uniersity with a 2013 Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization. The doctoral program infuses internationalization and globalization into the curriculum.
- Wealth of Resources. SCSU offers a $32.5 million state-of-the-art Learning Resource Center and smart technology classrooms with wireless network connection. It offers a wealth of training workshops, writing tutors, statistical consulting, and research assistance to prepare your dissertation. Additional student resources can be found at: stcloudstate.edu/graduatestudies/doctoralstudies/students.asp
- Smart Investment. Our competitive tuition combined with a tradition of excellence is a smart investment in a global education which prepares you for the 21st century. SCSU offers generous assistantships, scholarships, and financial resources to assist students as you pursue your degree.
- Career Opportunities. The doctoral program builds upon the sixth-year licensure by increasing your skills and building rewarding career opportunities for professional practice of educational administration throughout the world. Graduates are prepared as innovative school leaders for dynamic political, social, and economic arenas.