Master’s Program Application Process
When applying for a master’s program, the School of Graduate Studies serves as a liaison between the applicant and the master’s program. Application materials should be returned to the School of Graduate Studies. Once all application materials are received, they will be forwarded to the master’s program for review and an admission recommendation decision.
Application Program Requirements
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Undergraduate GPA is closely reviewed. A large emphasis is placed on scholarship within the undergraduate education core.
- For admission consideration, applicants must meet minimum Graduate Studies admission requirements plus the GPA requirements listed above. Once these requirements are met and your application materials are complete, your file will be forwarded to the program for an admission recommendation decision.
- Having met a minimum score on one of the requirements does not exempt the applicants from the other entrance requirements and does not assure admission.
- Review Graduate Catalog for Educational Administration and Leadership Master of Science Program.
- Students may be admitted for fall, spring, or summer terms.
- The program utilizes rolling admissions. Applicants may apply at any time throughout the year. As the department receives a completed application, an admission decision along with semester start will be made.
- For priority admission consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply by the deadlines posted. If space remains in the program, applications will continue to be reviewed after the posted priority deadlines.
Application Materials - United States
- Application for admission to program.
- A $35 application fee enclosed with your application. The fee is not refundable.
- Official transcripts from undergraduate institutions attended. Please see Transcripts for details. SCSU transcripts and those from MnSCU institutions do not need to be requested, SCSU can obtain your transcript directly.
- Three recommendation letters.
- A resume or curriculum vita of career progress and professional accomplishments.
- Statement of Intent.
Application Materials - International
Application materials will become the property of the School of Graduate Studies and will not be available to the applicant or enrolled student for purposes other than admission consideration.