Master’s Program Application Process
When applying for a master’s program, the School of Graduate Studies serves as a liaison between the applicant and the master’s program. Application materials should be sent to the School of Graduate Studies. Once all application materials are received, the School of Graduate Studies will forward materials to the master's program for review. Thereafter, an admission recommendation will be forwarded to the School of Graduate Studies for a final decision and notification to the applicant. Applicants may apply online at www.stcloudstate.edu/graduatestudies.
Application Program Requirements
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Undergraduate GPA is closely reviewed. A large emphasis is placed on scholarship within the undergraduate education core.
- For admission consideration, applicants must meet minimum Graduate Studies admission requirements plus the GPA requirements listed above. Once these requirements are met and your application materials are complete, your file will be forwarded to the program for an admission recommendation decision.
- Having met a minimum score on one of the requirements does not exempt the applicants from the other entrance requirements and does not assure admission.
- Review Graduate Catalog for Educational Administration and Leadership Master of Science Program.
- Please visit Application Deadlines for specific dates. (U.S. Citizens=June 30th, International Outside U.S.=April 1st, International Inside U.S.=June 1st)
- Students may begin the program fall, spring, or summer semesters.
- The program utilizes rolling admissions. Applicants may apply at any time throughout the year. As the department receives a completed application, an admission decision along with semester start will be made.
- For priority admission consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply by the deadlines posted. If space remains in the program, applications will continue to be reviewed after the posted priority deadlines.
- Online application for admission to program.
- A $40 application fee enclosed with your online application. The fee is not refundable.
- Official Transcripts from undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. Please see Transcripts for details. SCSU transcripts and those from MnSCU institutions do not need to be requested, SCSU can obtain your transcript directly. International applicants must complete a WES or NACES course-by-course transcript evaluation.
- Three or more letters of recommendation (part of online application)
- A resume or curriculum vita of career progress and professional accomplishments (uploaded to online application)
- Statement of Intent (part of online application)
- International applicants must complete a Proof of English proficiency and Financial certification paperwork (part of the online application).
A complete application is one in which ALL application materials have been received by the School of Graduate Studies by the application deadline. No admission decision will be made until all application materials are received and the interview and writing essay are conducted.
Application materials will become the property of the School of Graduate Studies and will not be available to the applicant or enrolled student for purposes other than admission consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions can be found through Graduate Admissions.