Graduates are prepared as innovative school leaders for dynamic political, social, and economic arenas. The program increases your skills and builds rewarding career opportunities for professional practice of educational administration.
With your graduate degree, you have more choices and opportunities that allow you to change or advance your career, increase your competence in the field, make more money, and make a better life for you and your family.
- The average salary of those with a masters degree is 20% higher than those with a bachelor's degree.*
- The average salary of those with a doctorate degree is 20% higher than those with a master’s degree.*
- Most schools require a master’s or doctoral degree with many states also requiring a licensure as a school administrator.**
- Employment of elementary, middle, and high school principals is projected to grow by 6 percent from 2012 to 2022.**
- 2012 Median Pay for elementary, middle, and high school principals is $87,760 per year.**
- Earning a doctorate places you at the pinnacle of a field where top-level employment opportunities within larger schools and districts are within reach anywhere in the world.
- Earning a doctorate provides you with a competitive advantage when seeking employment opportunities.
- Earning a doctorate provides valuable personal development for professionals at all stages of their career.
*Ewert, S. (Feb. 2012). What It’s Worth: Field of Training and Economic Status in 2009. U.S. Census Bureau. P70-129. Retrieved from www.census.gov/prod/2012pubs/p70-129.pdf
**Bureau of Labor Statistics (June 27, 2013) U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Postsecondary Education Administrators, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/elementary-middle-and-high-school-principals.htm#tab-1
Graduates will be able to seek employment in public and private K-12 school settings, area education agencies or regional educational service units, and state departments with positions such as:
- K-12 Principal, Alternative School Principal, Assistant Principal
- Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent
- Supervisors (all administrative areas)
- Coordinator: Community Education, Special Education, Early Childhood and Family Education
- Higher education professors (adjunct, fixed term tenure track)
- Department Chairs
- Director of Community Education, Director of Special Education, Diversity Directors
- Executive Directors of Professional administrative organization
- Owner/Director superintendent search firms
- Director international schools
- Resources, Business Office
- Dean of students
Search on and off-campus employment opportunities and view career resources.