Thank you for your interest in the Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering majors at St. Cloud State University. Electrical and Computer engineers work in the most rewarding and challenging career and are in ever increasing demand.
Our Electrical Engineering (EE) program and Computer Engineering (CompE) program have significant advantages that prospective EE and CompE students should consider:
- Our Electrical Engineering program and Computer Engineering program are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 - telephone: (410) 347-7700. ABET accreditation is assurance that a college or university program meets the quality standards established by the profession for which it prepares its students. For example, an accredited engineering program must meet the quality standards set by the engineering profession.
- In the past 25 years, our ECE Students won 7 first places and 4 second places in IEEE Regional Student Paper Contests when they competed with EE students from other universities, including all major universities, in 10 states from the upper Midwest.
- Our programs have a strong engineering design emphasis. All seniors take a year-long senior design project in which a small group of students (typically three) work with a faculty member on a design project. This project gives students realistic industrial design experience. Students are also encouraged to participate in industrial work and internships during their upper class program.
- Our graduates have been very successful in a wide variety of engineering positions in many well known companies. Their responses have always been favorable and enthusiastic about the quality of education they received at SCSU.
- All of our faculty have doctorates, and have a wide variety of instructional and industrial experience. We do not use graduate students to teach courses. We strive to keep class sizes small, insuring individual attention to our students.
- Our electrical engineering laboratories are extensively supplied with very modern instructional and research equipment. All of our laboratories are open to our EE and CompE students from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. including weekends. Labs are integrated with all course work so that students get full practical as well as theoretical experience.
- Our alumni are successful in many different careers and graduate study.
Choosing a career and a university are very important decisions. I invite you to visit the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at St. Cloud State University and meet with the faculty and staff. I believe that electrical engineering and computer engineering are excellent career choices for highly motivated students.
Please write to the address listed below, or call the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at (320) 308-3252.
Please let us know if you would like further information. Thank you for considering our Electrical and Computer Engineering programs.
Dr. Mark Petzold
Department Chair of Electrical and Computer Engineering