- Prospective Students
- Program & Course Descriptions (Undergraduate Catalog)
- General Education (GenEd) Guidelines
- Liberal Education Program
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers the following undergraduate programs:
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (BSCompE)
For information regarding the Electrical or Computer Engineering major contact Dr. Aiping Yao.
Program Mission Statement
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at St. Cloud State University continues the tradition of excellence and opportunity by providing advanced instruction and training for its students emphasizing practical aspects of electrical and computer engineering to meet the needs of the regional and state economies. This mission is fulfilled by achieving the Program Educational Objectives and Departmental Objectives.
Based on the mission of the department, ABET Criteria, and the needs of our constituencies, the Program Educational Objectives of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering are:
- Our graduates will successfully practice their chosen profession in electrical/computer engineering or related fields.
We define “successfully practice” as demonstrating one or more of the following attributes:
- Technically independent
- Taking on increasingly complex tasks
- Developing solutions to important problems
- Our graduates will practice their chosen career in a professional manner.
We will look for graduates who:
- Demonstrate communication skills on the job
- Participate collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams
- Continue their education after graduation
- Practice engineering in an ethical manner
- Are active in professional or community organizations outside of work
Our Engineering programs demonstrate that our students attain the following outcomes:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.