Guidelines for Admission to the Computer Engineering Major
The following set of guidelines will apply for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering.
- To be considered for admission, the student shall have completed all of the required classes as shown below:
- PHYS 234, PHYS 235
- MATH 221, MATH 222, MATH 273
- CSCI 201
- MME/ECE 101, ECE 102, ECE 201, ECE 221
- If you repeat the classes, only the highest grade will be used to calculate your admission GPA.
- Transfer grade(s) from other universities will not be used to calculate your admission GPA.
- At the second week of semester the major adviser, Dr. Yao will announce to students who wish to apply to initiate the process.
- The student will be asked to fill the MAJOR-MINOR APPLICATION form and return back to Dr. Yao.
- Dr. Yao will then file a form to receive an SCSU Transcript and Transfer Evaluation Sheet (for transfer students) from the Office of Record and Registration.
- Once Dr. Yao receives the Transcript and Transfer Evaluation Sheet, the student will be contacted to make an appointment with him to complete the admission form.
- The student then takes the form to the Office of the Dean of Science and Engineering in Math/Science building Room 145.
Dr. Aiping Yao, Major Advisor
(320) 308- 3255