Guidelines for Admission to the Computer Engineering Major
Students entering the programs should have strong aptitude in physical sciences and mathematics. They are expected to have had coursework in physics, chemistry and mathematics (through trigonometry and advanced algebra) in high school. Remedial courses are available for students without this preparation, but credits in remedial courses will not count toward completion of the major.
The following set of guidelines will apply for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering.
- To be considered for admission, the student shall have completed all of the required classes as shown below:
- PHYS 234, PHYS 235
- MATH 221, MATH 222, MATH 273
- CSCI 201
- MME/ECE 101, ECE 102, ECE 201, ECE 221
- If you repeat the classes, only the highest grade will be used to calculate your admission GPA.
- Transfer grade(s) from other universities will not be used to calculate your admission GPA.
- At the second week of semester the major adviser, Dr. Yao will announce to students who wish to apply to initiate the process.
- The student will be asked to fill the MAJOR-MINOR APPLICATION form and return back to Dr. Yao.
- Dr. Yao will then file a form to receive an SCSU Transcript and Transfer Evaluation Sheet (for transfer students) from the Office of Record and Registration.
- Once Dr. Yao receives the Transcript and Transfer Evaluation Sheet, the student will be contacted to make an appointment with him to complete the admission form.
- The student then takes the form to the Office of the Dean of Science and Engineering in Math/Science building Room 145.
Dr. Aiping Yao, Major Advisor
(320) 308- 3255