Minnesota Child Protection
DATE: February 24, 2003
TO: President’s Council
Director of SCSU Lindgren Child Care Center
Robert C. Johnson
FROM: Special Advisor to the President
RE: Mandated Reporting – Stearns-Benton Child Protection Team
Please be aware of the following statutes which mandate that education professionals or professionals’ delegates report the outlined situations. This information is also available at www.stcloudstate.edu/humanresources and has been distributed to all active user employees via the e-mail.
Please share this information with your constituents who may not otherwise have received notification. Thank you.
These forms replace all earlier forms. Please discard others.
We are entering the time of year when arrangements are being made for various groups of minors to be on campus. Please be advised that we are to be performing background checks on individuals, whether paid or volunteer, who will be working with the minors. Enclosed please find:
- Stearns-Benton Child Protection Team memo & Legal Obligations of Mandated Reporters
- Information sheet regarding the law
- Cover sheet [Also available in PDF format]
- Procedure sheet [Also available in PDF format]
- Rights Notification sheet, which may be double-sided when copied [Available in PDF format]
- Consent form, which may be double-sided when copied [Available in PDF format]
- Fingerprint request form [Available in PDF format]
- Sample fingerprint card
You optionally may make copies of the information sheet and give one to applicants. You will need to make copies of the consent form and the fingerprint request forms. I am requesting that you and the officers in University Public Safety review the fingerprint cards for complete information before sending them to the BCA.
Keep me posted and certainly contact me if you receive a report that an applicant does not have a clean record.
I also am requesting that the Vice Presidents make this information available to appropriate individuals in their units. Thanks for your assistance.