As part of the mission of the CTC, the Discovery Lab, formerly the ITDL, provides educational technologies to support the university and community.
The Discovery Lab has a number of technology resources for
TRAINING, CHECKOUT, and PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
These resources include:
- Sphero SPRK: Become a programmer of this app enabled robot!
- Ozobot: This mini robot takes direction from the color path you create!
- Brain Teasers: Knot-so-Fast, Solitaire Chess, and Winches & Gears set
- Circuits: littleBits Gizmos & Gadgets, CircuitScribe, Arduino Basic Kit
- Extraordinaires Pro: Become a designer in this interactive game!
- iPADS (Classroom set of 25)
- iPODS (Classroom set of 25)
- XBOX 360 KINECT (Including games, controller & motion detector, In-room use only)
- SMARTBOARDS (Available for in-room use, as well as within the Education Building)
- APPLE TV (In-room use only)
- CAMCORDERS (8, 1 HD)
- CAMERA TRIPODS
- SCIENTIFIC MICROSCOPE
- GPS DEVICES (Set of 6)
- WIRELESS KEYBOARD
- WIRELESS MAGIC MOUSE
- SPARK SCIENCE LEARNER SYSTEM
- KODAK PLAY TOUCH
Additionally, there are two Macintosh computers as well as a flat screen with a mini MAC, wireless mouse and keyboard that can be used for anything from group projects to individual work within the CTC.
Please note that all of the resources listed above require reservation. To reserve any of these items, please stop in to the CTC or send an e-mail a few days in advance to make sure the item is available during your requested time. We also offer group or one-to-one training on any of these resources.
Check the news and announcements page for updates on workshops, professional development, and new technology resources in the Discovery Lab throughout the semester!