Margery M. Whites, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Dr. Whites is on sabbatical during the 2011-12 academic year.
- B.A., Secondary Education, South Dakota State University-Brookings,1974
- M.A., Communication Disorders, University of South Dakota-Vermillion, 1981
- Ph.D., Speech-Language Pathology, University of Kansas-Lawrence, 1988
- CSD 457/557 Clinical Program Organization in Communication Disorders
- CSD 468/568 Child Language Development and Disorders
- CSD 620 Research in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- CSD 678 Seminar: Language Disorders in Children
- CSD 452: Practicum I
- CSD 648: Graduate Practicum: University Clinic
Dr. Whites’ areas of interest include language assessment, student awareness of professional issues, and multicultural issues. Dr. Whites works closely with students on group research projects in her research class and mentors them in their preparation for professional presentations. She is slowly becoming fluent in Spanish.