Applying for a Major/Minor
Students may apply for a major or minor program in the College of Science and Engineering after completing a minimum of 16 credits, attaining at least a 2.0 or “C” grade point average, and meeting all department requirements. Students are encouraged to apply for a program as soon as minimum requirements are met.
To prepare for application, consult the Undergraduate Bulletin regarding requirements for general education, the intended major, intended minor, and professional education -- if considering a teaching field.
Students looking to major in an engineering or biological science program should contact the appropriate department office:
- Biological Sciences: 320-308-2039 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electrical and Computer Engineering: 320-308-3252 or email@example.com
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering: 320-208-5654 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All other students should begin the application process as follows:
- Visit the Dean’s Office, Wick Science Building, Room #145
- Request instructions and complete the necessary forms.
- Visit the appropriate department office and request to meet with a faculty adviser for program.