Applying for a Major/Minor
Students may apply for a major or minor program in the College of Science and Engineering upon meeting department requirements. Students are encouraged to apply for a program as soon as minimum requirements are met.
To prepare for application, consult the Undergraduate Bulletin regarding requirements for liberal education, the intended major, intended minor, and professional education -- if considering a teaching field.
Students looking to major in COSE should contact the appropriate department office:
- Atmospheric and Hydrologic Sciences: WSB-129, Phone: 320-308-3260
- Biological Sciences: WSB-262, Phone: 320-308-2039
- Chemistry: WSB-358, Phone: 320-308-3031
- Physics: WSB-324, Phone: 320-308-2011
- Information Technology: ECC-139, Phone: 320-308-4966
- Electrical and Computer Engineering: ECC-211, Phone: 320-308-3252
- Environmental and Technological Studies: HH-216, Phone: 320-308-3235
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering: ECC-101, Phone: 320-208-5654
- Mathematics and Statistics: ECC-139, Phone: 320-308-3001
Teaching and Computer Science students should begin the application process as follows:
- Visit the Dean’s Office, Wick Science Building, Room #145
- Request instructions and complete the necessary forms.
- Visit the appropriate department offices and meet with faculty advisers for signatures.
- Return the form to the Dean’s Office for approval/processing.