College of Science and Engineering
Now accepting applications for Darlene Carlson Scholarship
Friday, February 22, 2013
The Darlene Carlson scholarship encourages students with high academic potential to pursue a career in science. One scholarship will be awarded with a value of $500 for the 2013-14 academic year.
Darlene Carlson graduated from St. Cloud State University in 1972 receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in biology and chemistry with a teaching certificate. After a year of teaching biology and chemistry in the Anoka School District, she took a research position at 3M Co. in St. Paul, MN.
She was responsible for developing advanced audio, video, data storage products and multi-layer optical films. Darlene is currently the vice president of Carlson Consulting Group, a technology consulting company, transforming technical ideas into business success.
Full time students at St. Cloud State University who:
1) Have completed 40 college credits and 12 credits that may apply to a science major course.
2) Have completed at least 24 credit hours at St. Cloud State University.
3) Have met the requirements for acceptance into a major in biology, chemistry, mathematics or physics.
4) Have a GPA of at least 3.0 in their overall studies and at least 3.5 in their major.
5) Graduated from a Minnesota high school.
Applicants must fill out an application form available at the Dean’s Office (WSB-145) or print the application below and submit a one-page typed personal statement explaining their interest and aspirations in a selected area of the sciences.
Female candidates will be evaluated first and only if a qualified female candidate is not identified would a male candidate be considered.
Applications are due in the Dean's Office by Friday, March 22, 2013
Download printable application (doc)