Student Relations Director
Welcome to the College of Science and Engineering (COSE).
Here in COSE our mission is to help students build a successful career both here at SCSU as well as in your career after you graduate with your degree. Both SCSU and COSE offer many resources for students to aid in their success. I am one of those resources available to students. I help students find different resources available at SCSU to fit the need they are expressing. I am also simply a resource for students who are trying to navigate the college structure, giving them information about what we have to offer. Some of the things I help students with are: transfer questions, advising, tutoring supports, and building success plans to name a few.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
If you do not have an assigned advisor, contact the Advising & Student Transitions to request one.
North Star STEM Alliance
The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) is an initiative funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF grant #1201983) which is intended to double the number of African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Alaska Native and Pacific Islander students receiving baccalaureate degrees in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) in a five-year period. In Minnesota, the LSAMP program is called the North Star STEM Alliance.
North Star STEM Alliance Objectives
To increase the number of African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Alaska Native and Pacific Islander students receiving STEM baccalaureates, the North Star STEM Alliance has identified the following objectives:
- Support student achievement via study groups, tutoring, and supplemental instruction.
- Engage students more deeply in their fields through faculty mentorship and research opportunities.
- Explore career directions at 4-year colleges, in industry, and graduate school.
- Build community through social networking, peer mentorship, and student organizations.
- To achieve these objectives, the North Star STEM Alliance will provide comprehensive, long-term initiatives that include alliance-wide community building conferences, peer-to-peer learning, undergraduate research opportunities, programs to help students successfully bridge to college and university-level STEM programs, industry internships, professional development, and publicity of current research in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
For more information visit the website: http://www.northstarstem.org/.
If you have experienced sexual assault, rape, dating/relationship violence, sexual harassment or stalking, learn about reporting options and other resources available to you.