Electrical & Computer Engineering Assessment
- The department will implement a program of continuous improvement to insure that our degree programs are of high quality and relevant to our constituencies.
- The department will maintain appropriate accreditations for our programs, and encourage participation in college and university accreditation activities.
- The department will pursue and maintain ties to industry and other institutions.
- The department will create an environment that values teaching effectiveness, scholarship, research, professional service and study in order to meet the above goals.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to apply their knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to engineering problems.
- Students will be able to practice the profession of engineering using the latest tools, techniques, and skills.
- Students will be able to design or formulate practical solutions for engineering problems based on their knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Students will be able to analyze and interpret data from experiments of their own design.
- Students will be able to design a component, system, or process while meeting realistic constraints.
- Students will produce professional communications appropriate to the discipline and situation.
- Students will be able to operate on multi-function teams.
- Students will be able to analyze the impact of electrical engineering solutions in global and societal contexts from identified contemporary issues.
- Students will be able to make appropriate professional judgments in accordance with their ethical responsibilities.
- Our alumni will actively participate in continuing professional development and service.