- The highest quality and dynamic aviation curriculum.
- Facilities conducive to quality learning.
- A supportive environment for students, faculty and staff that models respect for difference.
- Faculty involvement in the aviation community.
- Student involvement in the aviation student organizations and the aviation community.
- Industry involvement in the development and advancement of professional students.
- Preparation for successful lifelong learning.
Student Learning Outcomes
BS Aviation Professional Flight graduates will :
- Apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging aviation trends.
- Conduct themselves professionally and ethically.
- Understand the attributes and behavior of an aviation professional, career planning, and certification.
- Analyze the role and regulations regarding aviation safety and human factors.
- Describe meteorology and environmental issues as they relate to aviation.
- Independently fly and safely operate airplanes for which they are rated on.
- Maintain safe operating conditions for all geographical areas and flying conditions.
- Demonstrate an understanding and the appropriate application of aeronautical principles, design, characteristics, operational limitations, aerodynamic principles and properties for a variety of aircraft as it relates to the student's career goals.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral exchanges.
- Demonstrate appropriate and effective decision making skills.
- Demonstrate effective computer related skills.