SCSU’s end of term rarely coincides with those of area high schools. Consequently, posting grades for the Senior to Sophomore Program will always be a several step process. We have worked with the Office of Records and Registration to design procedures that will make the process as simple and efficient as possible.
- Each SCSU faculty member and high school teacher should discuss and agree upon a grading process before the beginning of each semester or trimester.
- S2S High School Instructors should carefully explain grading criteria at the beginning of each term and note if there is a possibility that the high school grade and the S2S grade will not be the same.
- Changes in the SCSU Records System now allow the online grading window to be extended for Senior to Sophomore classes. Because entering grades into the system is the responsibility of the SCSU faculty of record, the Records Office has requested that all S2S grades be submitted online by the S2S Faculty Partner, instead of through the S2S office.
- Before the end of each term, the Center for Continuing Studies will email a “grading process reminder” to all SCSU faculty and High School teachers.
- When the SCSU semester ends before a Senior to Sophomore class ends, grade reports to the Records office should indicate the course is “In Progress”.
- As soon as the Senior to Sophomore class has ended, the high school instructor should forward the grades directly to the SCSU faculty member and to the Senior to Sophomore Administrative Assistant at the Center for Continuing Studies (fax: 320-308-5041). Grades must be submitted by the deadlines listed in the Dates to Remember calendar. Delays can mean that students cannot obtain an up-to-date transcript to send to another institution.
- If a SCSU faculty member needs to review &/or modify grades from the high school, copies of the grades will be e-mailed for your review as soon as they are received. Delays in submitting grades can mean that students cannot obtain an up-to-date transcript to send to another institution.
- Copies of each student’s transcripts will not automatically be sent at the end of the year. If a high school would like copies of transcripts, they should be requested before the end of the school year.
- Students who would like an official transcript for their own use, or would like to have a transcript sent to another institution, must contact the SCSU Records office. The request form can also be downloaded from the Records website: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/srfs/transcripts/default.aspx