Expectations for S2S Instructors & SCSU Faculty Partners
- SCSU faculty partners are approved by their department and participate in planning sessions, class visits, and on-campus visits for their assigned Senior to Sophomore courses.
- High school faculty meet the requirements of, and must be approved by the SCSU department in the appropriate content area. A current Partner Application/Profile and a resume must be on file with the Center for Continuing Studies. Student teachers are not eligible to teach S2S courses.
- S2S instructors are expected to work with their university faculty partner to develop a SCSU-S2S syllabus, in keeping with SCSU guidelines and policies. A copy of the syllabus is to be submitted to the S2S office each year. Please check out the
Syllabus Guidelines & Template.
- SCSU faculty partners and high school faculty hold annual professional development and planning meetings before the start of each year’s classes. This planning meeting can occur at the annual Senior to Sophomore Workshop. Both S2S instructors and SCSU faculty partners are expected to attend the annual S2S Summer workshop which provides ongoing professional development, addressing the content, pedagogy, and assessment of SCSU-S2S courses.
- Throughout the academic year, SCSU faculty provide ongoing support and instruction for S2S teachers through site visits, campus visits and regular communication. S2S instructors who repeatedly do not attend the S2S workshop or comply with other S2S expectations may not be permitted to continue participation in the program.
- Each Senior to Sophomore class should try to visit campus at least once a year.
Campus visits can include attendance at lectures or special performances, lab work, library orientation, campus tours, etc. Coordination and assistance in planning campus visits will be provided by the Center for Continuing Studies. A Campus Visit Report should be submitted to the S2S office after each visit.
- SCSU faculty partners visit each Senior to Sophomore class at least once and preferably twice, during the term. Visits might include guest lectures; work with students on group projects or assignments, etc. A Site Visit Report should be submitted to the S2S office after each visit.
- SCSU faculty partners and teachers maintain ongoing contact throughout the year.
- S2S instructors are responsible for completing the Course Verification Form at the beginning of each class and for submitting grades to their S2S faculty partner and the S2S program office within one week of the end of the course.
- Program evaluation forms will be completed each year by both SCSU faculty partners and high school faculty. Evaluations should identify strengths of the program and opportunities for improvement.