We offer customized courses at your facility or the MHSRC facility upon request.
Advanced Driving Skills
We offer a variety of course dates and times to make it easy for you to find a course that fits your schedule.
Public transit & school transit, fleet services & semi tractor trailer, sales persons
Ideal for anyone who drives for their profession.
8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.: 1.5 hours of classroom and 5.5 hours of in-vehicle course work at the MHSRC.
This course is designed for operators of company or privately owned vehicles.
Drivers will be taught vehicular control techniques, an overview of advanced vehicle dynamics dependent on specific vehicles including front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive. Operators also review human reaction time and the application, vehicular following distances, effects of fatigue and the importance of proper visual techniques.
- Collision avoidance.
- Straight line braking.
- Backing and mirror set-up and usage.
- Skid control.
- Large vehicle cornering.
- Control brake with emphasis on brake types (e.g. Air Hydraulics).
- Intersection management.
- Electronic stability control.
Snow plow operators/wing and plow/road maintenance
8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.: 1.5 hours of classroom and 5.5 hours of in vehicle.
- Wing and plow clearance (left and right).
- Guardrail and mailbox clearance.
- Forward diminishing clearance.
- Front stop positioning.
- Very tight serpentine in reverse.
- Rear stop positioning.
- Very tight circles (left and right).
- Curb clearing.
- On-road turning.
- Judgment of right side tires (to a specific object).
- Proper mirror set-up and visual areas.
On-duty ride along for professionals
This one-on-one evaluation will educate those who are experiencing driving difficulties or have high accident rates.
Rates are hourly starting from the time the instructor leaves MHSRC and ending when they return.
Contact MHSRC or 320-255-3123 or 888-234-1294 to schedule.