Advanced Driving Skills Public
Where High Quality Training Does Not COST…It PAYS!
Map to MHSRC (PDF)
Advanced Driving Skills for the Public (ADS) 8:30 am – 3:30 pm: 1.5 hours classroom and 5.5 hours of in vehicle. Most of the day is spent behind the wheel in radio contact with the MHSRC professional advanced training instructors. Exercises include:
- Air Bags - This is a classroom exercise pertaining to driver and passenger safety.
- Collision Avoidance
- Electronic Stability Control
- Anti-Lock Brakes - This is classroom exercise explaining the need, use and operation of this system.
Evasive Steer - This is a behind the wheel exercise where the driver is trained to steer rather than brake.
- ABS & non-ABS Braking
- Braking Steer/Brake Combination
- Control Brake - This is a behind the wheel exercise where the driver is taught the proper use of the brake-threshold braking and ABS braking.
- Steer and Brake - This is a behind the wheel exercise where the driver is taught how to steer and brake at the same time.
- Backing -
- Skid Control - This is a behind the wheel exercise where the driver is put into a deliberate skid and shown how to recover and regain control.
- Off Road Recovery - This is a behind the wheel exercise where the driver is shown how to recover and regain control of the vehicle after hitting the shoulder of the road.
- Serpentine - This is a behind the wheel exercise driving through a series of cones to get the feeling of vehicle placement, weight transfer and driver positioning.
- Vehicle Airbag Awareness
- Human Physical effects
Additional Advanced Driving Skills courses.
Customized courses at your facility or at the MHSRC facility are available upon request
Contact MHSRC: email@example.com 320.255.3123 or 1.888.234.1294