Medical transcRIPTION EDITING
(12 month program access)
Medical Transcription Editing offers you the opportunity to have a real at-home-career in the growing medical industry! The field currently includes 2 important roles:
- Medical transcriptionists type the audio dictations of doctor-patient interactions, creating the reports that make up patients' medical records.
- Medical transcription editors are specialized medical transcriptionists who correct and edit reports generated by speech recognition software.
Training will be provided in the following areas:
- Typing skills
- Medical terminology
- Grammar and punctuation
- Anatomy and pharmacology
- Medical record types and formats
- Productivity tips
- Speech recognition editing skills
The Medical Transcription Editor program can be completed in about 640 hours, or at least 6 months.
Medical Transcription Editor Industry Facts & Program Details
To tour the online program please visit the Online Program Demo.
For Medical Transcription Editor Access:
Login ID: StCloudMTE
All enrollments include:
- Unlimited student and technical support from qualified professionals
- Lifetime access to networking opportunities
- 15-month subscription to the BenchMark Knowledge Base, a complete set of web services that brings together an extensive collection of online medical transcription reference materials into a single application, with real time updates to keep students up to date on terminology and reference data
- 15-month electronic membership to the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI)
- PC transcription foot pedal and software to make your computer a "transcriber"
- St. Cloud State University’s certificate of completion upon graduation
Additional significant benefits:
- Individual consultation with a placement coordinator - Correspond with a placement counselor to develop your career plans.
- Employment and referral directories - Access national, regional, and local transcription services in the US.
- Contracts and pricing guide - Learn about contracts and pay in the medical transcription world.
- Personalized interview, resume, and sales letter advice
- Access to a help hotline for a full year after graduation - Call toll-free when you need assistance you can't get (or don't want to ask for) from your new employer.
General Program Information:
Program Cost: $2795
Includes course materials, program access, textbooks, and shipping)
Enroll by February 28 and get a free *Laptop, *iPad or **Kindle with electronic text, or $300 off (*$300 value **$100 value)
To Enroll please call: (877) 225-7151
Please mention that you are enrolling through St. Cloud State University. This will ensure you receive a certificate from SCSU upon successful completion of the program.
Tuition Payment Plans
Please contact Tammy at 320.308.4252 or Tammy@SCSUTraining.com if you have any questions.
Additional Online Programs We Offer:
Medical Coding and Billing
Medical Administrative Assistant
Medical Transcription Editor Supplement