Medical transcription Editor ("MTE")
Medical Transcription Editor ("MTE") (12 month program access)
Medical transcription offers you the opportunity to have a real at-home-career in the growing medical industry! The field currently includes 2 important roles:
- Medical transcriptionists type the audio dictations of doctor-patient interactions, creating the reports that make up patients' medical records.
- Medical transcription editors are specialized medical transcriptionists who correct and edit reports generated by speech recognition software.
With this program you can train for both of these career paths, work from the comfort of your home, and prepare for the future of the industry.
Medical Transcription focus:
- Transcribing real-life doctor dictations
- Formatting reports for the final medical record
- Improving typing speed and accuracy to increase production
Medical Transcription Editor focus:
- Editing and formatting physician-dictated medical records
- Fixing grammatical errors
- Improving content in an efficient and accurate manner
Medical Transcription Editor Industry Facts & Program Details
To tour the online program please visit the Online Program Demo.
For Medical Transcription Editor Access:
Login ID: StCloudMTE
MTE Course Registration Form
All enrollments include:
- 23 in-depth online training modules (See Curriculum Details) that prepare you for work as a medical transcriptionist and allow you to learn at your own pace
- Unlimited student and technical support from qualified professionals
- Lifetime access to networking opportunities
- 15-month subscription to the BenchMark Knowledge Base, a complete set of web services that brings together an extensive collection of online medical transcription reference materials into a single application, with real time updates to keep students up to date on terminology and reference data
- 15-month electronic membership to the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI)
- PC transcription foot pedal and software to make your computer a "transcriber"
- St. Cloud State University’s certificate of completion upon graduation
Additional significant benefits:
- Individual consultation with a placement coordinator - Correspond with a placement counselor to develop your career plans.
- Employment and referral directories - Access national, regional, and local transcription services in the US.
- Contracts and pricing guide - Learn about contracts and pay in the medical transcription world.
- Personalized interview, resume, and sales letter advice
- Access to a help hotline for a full year after graduation - Call toll-free when you need assistance you can't get (or don't want to ask for) from your new employer.
General Program Information:
Power Point Program Summary-
Information on job outlook, wages, program costs
Program Cost: $2625
Includes course materials, program access, textbooks, and shipping)
To Enroll please call: (877) 225-7151
Please mention that you are enrolling through St. Cloud State University. This will ensure you receive a certificate from SCSU upon successful completion of the program.
Tuition Payment Plans
Please contact Tammy at 320.308.4252 or Tammy@SCSUTraining.com if you have any questions.
Additional Online Programs We Offer:
Inpatient/Outpatient Coding and Billing
Medical Administrative Assistant
Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing