Orientation for substitute teachers must contain the following elements:
- Health, safety, and emergency procedures (from Staff Handbook, pages 4-14);
- Accepted guidance and classroom management techniques (from Parent Handbook, page 19);
- Child abuse and neglect reporting procedures (from Staff Handbook, page 9);
- Regulatory requirements, i.e. Rule 3, NAEYC, CACFP.
After completion of orientation, all substitutes must complete the blue Personnel Information Form, Confidentiality Statement and Guidelines Form, and a MN Background Check Information Sheet.
- Orientation Elements (subs, volunteers, etc) IX-S
- Personnel Information Form, Appendix IX-G