Children are a huge source of enjoyment and provide a constant supply of great stories. As parents and their child attend LCCC they will become familiar with the other children and families, and may wish to share stories. Parents must maintain confidentiality of identity when talking about their child’s activities and place of care. The Lindgren Child Care Center expects the same of parent users as LCCC staff; that conversations outside the center not identify children and families to others.
All staff are required to keep all knowledge about the children confidential, even if staff become friends with parents. This includes:
- Allinformation obtained regarding any center family/child(ren) is considered confidential.
- Information obtained and collected by our program can be shared with other staff on a "need to know" basis. Please remember that practicum students and volunteers are not to be included in discussions of children and families, except for information which is relevant in order for them to complete their jobs. Sensitive information must not be shared with everyone, only those persons who are directly involved. No information can be shared with an outside agency without written consent from the legal guardian. The decision to share information will be made by administrative staff (lead teachers, director).
- All confidential materials must remain in a lockable filing cabinet in the center.
- If any materials appear to be missing, notify administrative staff immediately.
- Do not discuss families or children in the presence of other families or children.
- If a family begins discussing another family or child, quickly inform them you cannot do that, and it is not appropriate for them to do so, either.
- All information compiled during screenings and assessment will be used to promote the healthy developmental growth of the child. The lead staff along with the participation of parents will review the completed information and together make goals for the child or a referral in cases of developmental delay.
- No information can be shared with an outside agency without written consent from the legal guardian. The decision to share information will be made by administrative staff (lead teachers, director).
- Informed Consent, Appendix III-J
- Consent to Release Private Data, Appendix III-K
- On request, the Regulatory authorities (Minnesota Department of Human Services) of the Lindgren Child Care Center will have access to our confidential materials.