Student Information

Events & Photos

Need a Letter of Recommendation from Someone in Chemistry?

Fill out the Letter of Recommendation Request form.

Submit your resume separately to the faculty and/or staff that you are requesting a recommendation from. If you do not have a resume, you may wish to contact SCSU Career Services to assist you in developing a resume.

Transfer of Chemistry Courses to SCSU

Have questions regarding the transfer of chemistry courses from another university to St. Cloud State?

Complete the Transfer Advising Form.

You will be contacted within one week by one of the transfer advisors in Chemistry.

Student Organizations

Want to get involved? Join one of the many student organizations geared towards chemistry students. Interact with faculty and staff, other students with similar interests, and gain valuable experience to add to a resume. More information on student organizations...


Over the past 20 years, Chemistry has awarded over 300 scholarships totaling nearly $43,000. Applications are accepted twice a year, in October/November and March. More information on scholarships...

Research Information

Student-faculty collaborative research is a strength of the Chemistry program.

Research projects are ongoing in the areas of analytical, physical, organic, inorganic, and biochemistry.

The research experience may be as short as a single semester or it may last for a year and even culminate to a published paper.

All students who are pursuing an American Chemical Society approved major must complete one year of undergraduate research.

Take a few minutes to check out the exciting research opportunities available.

Internship Guidelines

Supplement classroom learning through appropriate on-the-job work experience arranged with local, state, and federal government agencies, and private corporations. Granting of academic credit for internship experience is at the discretion of the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry. These guidelines also apply for earning CHEM 489 credit for research at another institution, e.g. REU programs.

Untitled Document