Counseling & Community Psychology - School of Health & Human Services - St. Cloud State University

Community Psychology
B210 Education Building
St. Cloud State University
720 4th Ave S
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
(campus map)

Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30
Phone: (320) 308-2160
Fax: (320) 308-3216

Applying to and begining Behavior Analysis Programs

When do I apply for the M.S. in Applied Behavior Analysis program?

Graduate students should have all materials to the School of Graduate Studies by March 1st. Applications will be reviewed in the spring for acceptance the following Fall semester.  We only accept students in the M.S. in Applied Behavior Analysis in the Fall semester.

Where do I get the application materials for the M.S. in Applied Behavior Analysis program?

Prospective M.S. in Applied Behavior Analysis students can contact the SCSU School of Graduate Studies by mail, email, or by down loading application forms from

When do I apply for the BACB programs?

Students who apply for the BCBA or BCaBA programs are accepted each semester.  It is important to apply early as space is limited in these classes.

Where do I apply to the BACB programs?

  • BCBA - Must have a Master's Degree
  • BCaBA - Must be completing or have a Bachelor's Degree, if applying for the Graduate BCaBA, you must have completed your Bachelor's or Master'sDegree

Is financial assistance available?

On campus half and full time degree seeking graduate students may apply for several forms of financial aid, including loans, work study, scholarships, and graduate assistantships. Information regarding financial aid, work study and scholarships can by obtained from the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid and applications for Graduate Assistantships can be obtained from Graduate Assistantships are only granted to full-time on-campus students.

When will I know if I have been accepted?

The Graduate Coordinator of Community Psychology will notify M.S. applicants by April 1st. as to the status of their application.  Students who apply for the BCBA and BCaBA will be notified regarding their enrollment within 3 weeks of receipt of their application.

How do I register for classes?

On-campus students with a student id number may access on-line registration at

Distance students must register through the Center for Continuing Studies website. Go to  Students should click “online and distance learning” in the left-hand navigation bar, then click "resources for students and then “special student registration form”   Fill out the application and submit.  You will then be provided a SCSU tech id number and will be able to complete your registration through the Center for Continuing Studies. Once you have your SCSU tech id number, you will be able to register through the Center for Continuing Studies for all future coursework.

If you have problems or questions you may contact the Center for Continuing Studies:

  • Student Services Coordinator- Behavior Analysis Distance Learning
    Center for Continuing Studies

Graduate Students must have a HuskyNet Account and E-mail Address. Do Not USE hotmail, yahoo, msn, etc.

Graduate students are required to obtain a HuskyNet computer account and e-mail address.

All Courses require students to access Desire2 Learn (D2L), SCSU Electronic Reserves, and the SCSU Library (Miller Learning Resources Center, Learning Resources and Technology Services). All correspondence will be done via D2L and/or your SCSU e-mail account (HuskyNet). Your StarID is necessary to access the Miller Learning Center at SCSU. Students can obtain a HuskyNet Account by going to

Additionally, you may find downloads and other computer related questions by contacting the SCSU Computing &Technology User Services at

What Courses are offered?

Course schedule and registration information is also available on line at:

If you are a distance-based student, register through the Center for Continuing Studies at Check online and distance learning, schedules and registration, for the semester of interestes and then choose the "permission required" link next to your course.

What Text Books do I need?

Information regarding current textbooks is provided on the course syllabi for each course. Current book requirements are available through the Husky Bookstore

Supplemental books are not required but are recommended by the faculty as readings that are important in the field, provide a background in behavior analysis, and may be helpful in studying for the BCAB exam. Suggested readings include:

Behavior Analysis

  • Miltenberger, R. G., (2008) Behavior Modification: Principles and Procedures (4th). Brooks/Cole Publishing Company.
  • Martin, G., & Pear, J. (2001).Behavior modification: What it is and how to do it. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
  • Cooper, J.O., Heron, T.E., Heward, W.L. (2007) Applied Behavior Analysis (2nd). Columbus: Merrill Publishing Co.
  • Alberto, P., & Troutman, A.C. (2006) Applied Behavior Analysis for Teachers (7th) New Jersey: Prentice Hall
  • APA Style
  • Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th Ed). Washington D.C., American Psychological Association.
  • Gelfand, H., Walker, C.J., and American Psychological Association. Mastering APA Style: Student's Workbook and Training Guide. Washington D.C., American Psychological Association.

Where Do I Buy Books?

You can buy books from the following:

How Do I Access the Course?

Students can access their courses at It is necessary to have a StarID. After you log in (using your StarID and Password) your D2L home page should appear and list the courses you are registered for. If you do not see the courses listed, you need to call or e-mail the instructor immediately. Each D2L course has a variety of icons for different components of the course. Click on the icon of choice and a page will be displayed. When using D2L, it is important to use the navigation arrows and buttons (displayed within the D2L window, i.e. the action bar for next, previous pages, etc). Do not use your internet browser back button or you will log out of the course. Also you will notice that some pages have a scroll down bar on the side, this means that more content is displayed on the page and you should scroll down.

How Do I Take Tests and How Do I Turn in Assignments?

Each course uses different methods of assessment, so please check the course syllabus. All courses require tests to be proctored. Once an appropriate proctor is identified, you must complete and submit the proctor approval form.

Where Do I Get My Grades?

Student grades on tests and assignments are posted on D2L. Students can access their grades by clicking on the "grades" icon in the course. If you have any questions regarding grades, call or email your instructor.  You can check your SCSU transcript by going to e-services.

Untitled Document