Joining the Community College Connection Program
Entering the Connection program is easy and it is your first step to your higher education.
You can apply to the Connection program if you are:
1. A student who applied to SCSU and received a referral package to the Connection program.
2. A high school graduate who wants to apply directly to the Connection program, without being referred by SCSU.
3. A student who was admitted to a major at SCTCC and wants to switch to the Connection program.
-To have a high school GPA of 2.0 or higher
-To obtain an Accuplacer Reading score of 51 or higher
STEP 1 - APPLY
-Complete an application form (pdf)
-$20 application fee (SCTCC does not waive application fees)
-High school transcript (unless you already submitted a copy to SCSU)
SCTCC Admissions Office
1540 Northway Drive
St. Cloud, MN 56303
STEP 2 - TEST
After your application materials are processed, you will receive a "Checklist" in the mail with information about testing. All students are required to take the "Reading" and "Elementary Algebra" portions of the Accuplacer placement test, unless an exemption is noted on your checklist. Testing should be completed within 30 days of receiving the checklist.
Testing is free (first attempt) and can be scheduled at SCSU, SCTCC, or any other Minnesota State College or University (MnSCU).
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College
- Visit www.sctcc.edu\testsched to schedule the test at SCTCC. You will need your student i.d. number found on the front of this page.
- St. Cloud State University.
- Please call 320-308-8378 to schedule testing at SCSU.
- Visit https://www5.stcloudstate.edu/placementtesting/ACCUPLACER/ to schedule the test at SCSU
- Other MnSCU institutions
- Please call the individual institution to schedule testing and indicate you will be testing for SCTCC.
Once testing is complete, please mail a copy of your scores to:
St. Cloud Technical and Community College
STEP 3 - GET ACCEPTED
Once we receive your Accuplacer scores, and if you received a 51 or higher in Reading, we will mail you an Acceptance Packet. This packet contains your acceptance letter, your ID numbers for SCSU and SCTCC, information about financial aid, a Campus Card application kit, and a brochure to apply for housing at SCSU. Please read all the information carefully and follow the steps indicated in the letter.
Depending on when you are admitted you will also receive with your packet a letter with instructions on how to register to attend an Advising & Registration session at SCSU. If you were admitted to the Connection program before March of the year of your admission, then you will likely receive the Advising and Registrationinstructions in a separate mailing.
STEP 4 - ATTEND AN ADVISING AND REGISTRATION DAY AT SCSU
Your Advising and Registration Day is a mandatory one-day program that is required for all new first year students as part of our commitment to your academic success. You will work closely with our staff of faculty and student advisors to identify the resources you need to be successful and you will also register for your first semester of classes.
“The greatest choice I made was to attend the CCC Program because it has the comfort of smaller more individualized classes, but also the experiences of a university lifestyle on the SCSU campus”