Resources for People of Color
- Colorbars Network - Professional networking group for people of color in media, entertainment, and communication. Organization offers mentoring program and job database. Registration is required.
- Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology - Contains resources and publications targeting engineering and IT professionals from diverse and minority backgrounds that link to careers with sponsoring employers.
- DiversityEmployers.com - A career and self development web site targeted to recent college graduates as well as more experienced job seekers and professionals who seek information on careers, job opportunities, graduate or professional school, internships or co-ops, study abroad programs, and other employment and career advancement opportunities. It features free, practical feature content, expert advice, employer information resources, and other tools for identifying and applying for jobs with employers who are interested in recruiting a diverse workforce. A digital copy of their most recent issue can be found here.
- DiversityInc.com Career Center - Find jobs in Minnesota through one of the leading diversity career centers. Post your job or resume. Must be registered first.
- DiversityWorking.com - Web site has an expansive job database for promoting diversity in the workplace. Can either use "search for jobs" tab or "community channels" to browse jobs. Also has international job database as well.
- Equal Opportunity Publications, Inc.
- Equality Magazine Publishing - This organization publishes four magazines free to the public: The Black Perspective, Women in Business, Hispanic Today and Veterans Enterprise. Web site and magazine article links to employers' job announcement page.
- IMDiversity.com - Useful resources organized in "villages" where each village focuses on a minority group that provides extensive resources.
- INSIGHT Into Diversity - Magazine and articles.
- Internships, INROADS - Organization started in 1970 to help ethnically diverse candidates to gain entry into the corporate business world. Program provides internship opportunities with its established corporate clients to college students.
- MinorityJob.net - This site combines job listing and career information with news and information on civil rights, including immigration, education, government, and historical information. You can review the job listings but cannot apply for the jobs unless you register for a free account, which includes adding your resume to their database.
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) - The federal agency that monitors employers' affirmative action plans.
- PharmaDiversity Job board - Web site has an extensive job database for diverse students going into the pharmaceutical industry. Job search is free without registration but resume posting requires users to be registered.
- Workplace Diversity.com - Job search engine.
Indigenous, Native Populations, and American Indians