Department of Sport Facilities and Campus Recreation Mission
We prepare our students for life, work and citizenship in the twenty-first century.
The mission of the Department of Sport Facilities and Campus Recreation is to manage and develop the Universities sport facilities and provide a diverse range of sport, fitness and recreation activities for the University community in order to enhance individual academic productivity, personal effectiveness, service to community and quality of life.
Further the department will provide the management of the institutions sport facilities to maximize student recreational opportunities while providing support to the mission of other units utilizing these facilities.
Execution of this mission ensures the accomplishment of the following departmental goals:
- Quality programs and services will be provided to meet the physical, mental and social well being of the campus community.
- A "something for everyone" program offering will allow for diverse participation opportunities.
- Participants will develop the skills necessary to pursue healthy lifetime leisure activity.
- The academic, athletic and recreational needs of the university community will be provided quality sport facilities as laboratories for meeting their individual needs.
- The institutions' mission of service to the community will be complemented through programs generated and supported by the department.
- Students will develop as individuals and team members, leaders and followers, and as competitors and collaborators.
We are committed to:
- Providing the highest quality services possible to our constituents.
- Respecting differences and working toward greater diversity and inclusiveness.
- Demonstrating civility in all discourse.
- Responsible use of fiscal and human resources to serve students in fulfilling the goals of Student Life and Development and the university mission.