Department of Sport Facilities and Campus Recreation Mission
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence in teaching, learning, and service, fostering scholarship and enhancing collaborative relationships in a global community.
Student Life and Development Mission
The mission of Student Life and Development is to support and serve students by providing the co-curricular opportunities, programs, services and environment they need to develop personally, socially and professionally.
We seek to assist students to:
- Be globally-aware and support diversity.
- Be self-aware and strive for meaningful relationships.
- Be an engaged member of their various communities.
- Take full advantage of opportunities for learning.
- Explore leadership.
- Live a balanced and purposeful life.
The mission of the Department of Sport Facilities and Campus Recreation is to manage and develop the Universities sport facilities and provide a diverse range of sport, fitness and recreation activities for the University community in order to enhance individual academic productivity, personal effectiveness, service to community and quality of life.
The goal of the Department of Sport Facilities and Campus Recreation is to provide, or partner with others in providing, a broad program of sport, fitness, wellness and outdoor activities for students of all ability levels in order to enhance their academic productivity, personal effectiveness, and commitment to their quality of life. Further the department will provide the management of the institutions sport facilities to maximize student recreational opportunities while providing support to the mission of other units utilizing these facilities.
Execution of this mission ensures the accomplishment of the following departmental goals:
- Quality programs and services will be provided to meet the physical, mental and social well being of the campus community.
- A "something for everyone" program offering will allow for diverse participation opportunities.
- Participants will develop the skills necessary to pursue healthy lifetime leisure activity.
- The academic, athletic and recreational needs of the university community will be provided quality sport facilities as laboratories for meeting their individual needs.
- The institutions' mission of service to the community will be complemented through programs generated and supported by the department.
- Students will develop as individuals and team members, leaders and followers, and as competitors and collaborators.
We are committed to:
- Providing the highest quality services possible to our constituents.
- Respecting differences and working toward greater diversity and inclusiveness.
- Demonstrating civility in all discourse.
- Responsible use of fiscal and human resources to serve students in fulfilling the goals of Student Life and Development and the university mission.