SCSU on the Move
Fitness Center Hours
Spring Semester 2013
|Mon-Thur||6:00am to 10:30pm|
|Friday||6:00am to 9:00pm|
|Saturday||10:30am to 7:00pm|
|Sunday||12:00pm to 10:30pm|
Spring Break 2013 (March 11-15)
|Mon-Fri||10:00am to 7:30pm|
|CLOSED: March 9-10, & 16.|
|Mon-Thurs||8:00am to 8:00pm|
|Friday||11:00am to 7:30pm|
|Saturday||9:00am to 1:00pm|
Closed: January 1, March 9-10, 16, 31, May 11-12, 27, July 4-7, November 28-30, December 25, 31.
Limited Hours: January 21 (8:00am-10:30pm), March 8 (6:00am-5:00pm), 11-15 (10:00am-7:30pm), May 10 (6:00am-5:00pm), September 2 (8:00am-10:30pm), October 10-11 (10:00am-7:30pm), November 11 (8:00am-10:30pm), 27 (6:00am-7:30pm), December 20 (6:00am-7:30pm).
Hours are subject to change during holidays and semester breaks.
Please contact (320) 308-3613 or (320) 308-3325 for more information.
* Specific dates and times will be posted at the Student Recreation Center
SCSU on the Move
GET INVOLVED.GET RESULTS.
JOIN THE 10 week SCSU on the Move Challenge.
Begins February 11 and finishes with a 5k run/walk on May 2
By participating in the 10-week challenge you will unlock a true sense of accomplishment! I challenge you to break barriers that are holding you back.
A lot can happen in 10 weeks. Whether you decide run the 5k challenge or lose a couple pounds. Come change your life with the SCSU on the Move wellness program. This program offers incentives and opportunities that will improve your overall sense of well-being. Instead of worrying about your health for the next 10 weeks, come change it with us!
What is the SCSU on the Move Wellness Challenge? A ten-week wellness challenge to help you move more, eat better, feel great and to prepare you for the May 2nd 5k.
How do I sign up?
- Registration is now available in the fitness center.
What is the cost of the program?
- $10.00 to all those with a Fitness Center Membership or Group Fitness Membership
- $30.00 for non-members (interested in being a member and not clear what this includes?)
What do you have to do?
- Deliberately exercise 30 minutes each day
- Attend various fitness opportunities
- Complete nutrition challenges
- Opportunities to earn points will be clearly described on the calendar.
- Track your progress by recording points each day
- Tally your total points earned each week (cannot exceed 25) and email them to email@example.com no later than Wednesday of each week
How the points system works:
- We offer numerous opportunities to earn 25 points each week. You may earn more than 25 points but the MAX points you can enter each week is 25.
- Exercise 30 minutes a day for a max of 2 points a day
- Nutrition presentations/challenges are worth 5 points. We offer the same presentation 2 times a week.
- You do not have to complete 25 points a week to earn prizes. You just need to send in points earned.
- Points do not roll over from week to week.
- The weeks start on a Monday and go through Sunday.
- Email the total number of points achieved later than Wednesday of the next week.
Weekly Healthy Coupons here: SCSU on the MOVE 2013 Pacific Wok Coupons Worth 2 points!
What do you get:
- Asic’s workout bag (only to the first 300 registered)
- Weekly emails and newsletters
- Free entry to the SCSU on the Move 5k run/walk
- Free consults with Wellness Coaches
- Free fitness classes/workshops
- Free snowshoe outings
- Free speaker series
- Earn a water bottle after completing 5 weeks
- Earn and official t-shirt after completing 10 weeks
Competition and Prize Information
- Complete 5 weeks and receive an official water bottle
- Complete 10 weeks and receive an official completion t-shirt
- GRAND PRIZE: TBA all of those who complete the 10-weeks have a chance to win!
- Individual prizes: Top three individuals with the most points.
- 5k awards
- Award to the 1-3rd place SCSU on the Move 5k finishers.
- Inspirational award.
SCSU on the Move 5K Results:
5K results here
All prizes will be awarded at the Fitness 5K and 2 mile celebration on May 2
Offical completion t-shrit:
Asic's Workout Bag: (Only to first 300 to register)