Group Fitness Instructor Training
Fitness Center Hours
Spring Semester 2013
|Mon-Thur||6:00am to 10:30pm|
|Friday||6:00am to 9:00pm|
|Saturday||10:30am to 7:00pm|
|Sunday||12:00pm to 10:30pm|
Spring Break 2013 (March 11-15)
|Mon-Fri||10:00am to 7:30pm|
|CLOSED: March 9-10, & 16.|
|Mon-Thurs||8:00am to 8:00pm|
|Friday||11:00am to 7:30pm|
|Saturday||9:00am to 1:00pm|
Closed: January 1, March 9-10, 16, 31, May 11-12, 27, July 4-7, November 28-30, December 25, 31.
Limited Hours: January 21 (8:00am-10:30pm), March 8 (6:00am-5:00pm), 11-15 (10:00am-7:30pm), May 10 (6:00am-5:00pm), September 2 (8:00am-10:30pm), October 10-11 (10:00am-7:30pm), November 11 (8:00am-10:30pm), 27 (6:00am-7:30pm), December 20 (6:00am-7:30pm).
Hours are subject to change during holidays and semester breaks.
Please contact (320) 308-3613 or (320) 308-3325 for more information.
* Specific dates and times will be posted at the Student Recreation Center
SCSU Group Fitness Instructor Training
Become SCSU certified as a Group Fitness Instructor. Components of the comprehensiveweekend warrior course includes: anatomy, counting & cueing, class format, and choreography. Trainees will be led by a national certified excercise trainder to teach hi/lo impact cardio, step, aqua, body sculpt, cardio kick, yoga, Pilates, cycle, stability ball, BOSU, and many other new trends in fitness. At the completion of the class SCSU participants will have an opportunity to try out to join the SCSU Group Fitness team.
Mandatory Information Meeting
- Sunday Feb. 17th, 2013 8pm-9PM
- This meeting includes important details containing outline of the program, expectations, and homework for the week.
Weekend Warrior Training
- Friday Feb. 22nd, 2013 6pm-9pm
- Participants will learn the basics of counting, cueing, Hi/Lo, and anatomy.
- Saturday Feb. 23rd, 2013 9am-4pm
- Review counting and cueing. Introduce: Kickboxing, Cycle, Step, Toning, H.I.T. (High Intensity Training), Bootcamp Principles, and class format.
- Sunday Feb. 24th, 2013 12pm-5pm
- Review counting and cueing. Introduce Yoga, Pilates, and aqua. Interview those trying out to become a SCSU Group Fitness Instructor. Take anatomy quiz. Practice for practical assessment.
- Thursday Feb. 28th, 2013 7pm-9pm
- Perform a 5-minute demo. routine.
FULL ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY
SCSU STUDENTS = $75
COMMUNTIY MEMBERS = $150
Cash, Check, Credit Cards are accepted
TRAINING MANUAL, STUDY MATERIALS, COUPONS TO GROUP FITNESS CLASSES & ONE ON ONE INSTRUCTION.
Payments are to be paid in full on the first session.
NO REFUNDS. NO DISCOUNTS. LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE.
To sign up, contact
E-mail Brittany Beck at: email@example.com